I realized after only two days it makes me crazy. Moms post questions, and then every other mom can post a response. I noticed right away several things. .
1) EVERYONE is an expert in cyberspace.
2) How MY child does anything. . MUST be the RIGHT way.
3) Parents of newborns talk way too much about SLEEP.
Now that I’ve got that off my chest. . here is what I have come to understand as rock MY sweet-angle-boy to sleep. .
1) Everyone IS an expert. . ON THEIR CHILD. Every child is a unique, one-of-a-kind, break-the-mold-when-done individual.
2) How each child does anything. . IS the RIGHT WAY for that child. There are for sure transferable lessons between children, BUT that whole “unique individual thing” is back again. . 🙂
3) I get this, I really get this, when you aren’t getting a full night sleep. . it is an easy thing to talk about. I’m not sure that it’s really helpful to compare children’s sleeping habits too much. . again, each child has their own rhythms.
I am swearing off that particular message board, I realized that it was subtly causing me to doubt decisions that I’ve made for my family, that have been working for us. I found myself getting worked up and second guessing things that just last week hadn’t bothered me a bit. I love advice, but I think I’m finding it’s much more helpful and meaningful from someone who knows me, and my little-sweetie-pie-pants than from some anonymous person in cyberspace.
THAT’S WHAT I THINK! 🙂